EASTERN OREGON EPISCOPAL foundation (eoef)
The Eastern Oregon Episcopal Foundation, which oversees a permanent revolving loan fund, was created in 1952 by the 42nd annual Convocation of the Missionary District of Eastern Oregon. The Foundation's investments presently total about $450,000. In addition, EOEF owns a farm in Athena, Oregon, whose earnings are shared equally by the Foundation, Ascension School and the diocese. The Bishop is chair of the Foundation Committee and its Board of Trustees.
The Foundation's purpose, as defined in its articles of incorporation, is "the general furtherance of The Episcopal Church and its mission in eastern Oregon" and the establishment of a permanent fund providing low-cost or interest-free loans of up to 10 years' duration to finance building projects-- building repairs or capital improvements-- for parishes and congregations in the diocese.
The Foundation Committee, whose membership includes a member of the laity from each parish in the diocese, meets annually at Diocesan Convention. The Board of Trustees, elected from the Foundation Committee, reviews and administers requests for grants and loans. Grants are confined to projects "for the formation, education and training of the people of the diocese for misison and ministry and/or emergency building grants."
Information about grants and loans, and application forms, are posted below.
Grant Policy -PDF File
Grant Application Form - PDF File
Loan Policy - PDF File
Loan Applications - PDF File
The annual meeting of the Foundation Committee of the Eastern Oregon Episcopal Foundation will be held at St. Mark's Episcopal Church in Hood River during the 2010 Diocesan Convention. Each congregation must send one lay person to the committee meeting. Delegates can vote on any Committee question. Foundation Trustees also will be elected at the meeting. Date and time of the Foundation Committee meeting will be released in August.
- Notice of EOEF Annual Meeting - PDF File