Standing Committee, Episcopal Diocese of Eastern Oregon
The Rev. Anna Carmichael, St. Mark's, Hood River (term expires in 2013)
The Rev. Dan Gardner, Vale and St. Thomas, Canyon City (2015)
Ann Havill, Trinity, Bend (2015)
Laurance Kerr, St. Paul's, The Dalles (2013)
The Rev. Jim Mosier, St Matthew's, Ontario ( 2014)
Julie Sarazin, St. Paul's, Nyssa (2014)
MEMBERSHIP: Three clerical and three lay members; one each elected to 3-year term.
DUTIES: The Standing Committee meets as part of Diocesan Council but it also conducts business separately, meeting on call of the Bishop or President.
RESPONSIBILITIES of the Standing Committee include:
1. Approval of each transaction involving the sale, mortgaging, or encumbrance of church-owned real estate, which leads to a review of any construction or transfer of real property of any church in the Diocese.
2. Consent to the election of Bishops anywhere in the The Episcopal Church,b which leads to concern for the structures and distribution of authority in the Church.
3. Consent to certification of Canonical Requirements met for Ordination to the Diaconate or the Priesthood, which leads to a concern for the Ministry generally throughout the Church.
4. Serve as a Council of Advice for the Bishop in such matters as she/he may choose to bring before the Committee; and, rarely, of matters which the Diocese, through the Standing Committee, wishes to bring before the Bishop.
5. Serve as the Ecclesiastical Authority of the Diocese in the case of prolonged absence or disability of the Diocesan, if there be no other Bishop to whom authority has been temporarily given.
6. Serve as the Diocesan Review Committee in cases of Title IV Presentments.